SEMI, the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG), and the MEMS & Sensors Technical Congress (MSTC) Speaker Selection Committee invite you to submit an abstract for one or more of the following areas:
TechTALKS Demonstration and Presentation
- Student Poster Display and Competition
The MSTC 2020 theme is "Technologies Driving the Next Wave of Smart MEMS & Sensing Solutions —The impact 5G, AI and ‘smart everything’ on the MEMS & sensors industry" The MEMS and Sensors Technical Congress (MSTC) 2020 is designed for technical executives, engineering, design, and product engineers across the MEMS and sensors supply chain and adjacent industries. This year will see a different format to truly focus on the needs of the key innovators in our industry. MEMS and sensors technology challenges such as silicon fabrication, packaging, test, hardware, and software design will be addressed together with the impact of adjacent technologies of the ecosystem. The opportunities and challenges brought about by key growth areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, 5G, and Blockchain will be front and center. The existing and emerging MEMS and sensors markets together with the resulting new component, software, and systems needs will be highlighted. The usual networking and problem-solving discussion opportunities will be a key feature as usual.
- Be recognized as a leader in our exciting and market-disrupting field of MEMS and Sensors.
- Selected presenters receive acknowledgment in the onsite FLEX | MSTC 2020 Event Guide, the conference website, and MSTC proceedings and a discounted MSTC registration fee.
- TechTALK presenters have the opportunity to demonstrate their product or material on the show floor stage.
ORAL PRESENTATIONS AND TECHTALKS
Speakers will present unique application requirements, system-level architecture, integration challenges and how to manage and overcome them successfully. We are inviting technical topics from across the entire MEMS/Sensors supply chain as it pertains to the next wave of MEMS & Sensing Solutions.
As the premier information-gathering and networking conference for industry stakeholders, MSTC along with FLEX gathers 600+ executives, product managers, business development professionals, and engineering directors from the MEMS and sensors value chain, as well as a multitude of leading industry analysts and media. The event attracts over 400 companies, universities, R&D labs, and government agencies from around the world. This year’s conference will take place Monday-Thursday, February 24-28, 2019 at the Doubletree Hotel in San Jose, California.
Students from leading research universities are especially welcome to submit posters describing their work and results on the same target topics. Prizes will be awarded to the top three student posters as judged by a panel of industry and academic experts. The author/co-author must be available to present during the poster judging times during the conference.
- Deadline for Abstracts: Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Final Presentation Due for Review: Monday, February 3, 2020
SUBMIT YOUR MSTC ABSTRACT HERE—ONLINE FORM
Presentations must include:
- Practical recommendations for addressing commercialization issues or applications providing innovative technological or market solutions driven by a use-case along with its integration challenges and system-level architecture decisions.
- How each challenge was addressed and overcome.
- Main message you wish to convey, your recommendations for the supply chain and how your presentation, demonstration or poster will advance the technology of this Industry.
- Suggestions on how SEMI and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group can assist your progress on your issues or recommendations.
- Why and to whom the technology presented matters.
- Clear outlined path forward and an articulate call-to-action.
- NO Commercial or marketing presentations will be accepted.
- Speakers receive discounted admission to MSTC 2020. No other compensation is provided.
- Speakers are required to sign a Speaker Agreement, provide a bio and headshot by December 1, 2019, and provide an electronic copy of his or her presentation by February 3, 2020.
- All final presentations are made available to conference attendees and SEMI / MSIG members.
MSTC 2020 SPEAKER SELECTION COMMITTEE
Thank you to these prestigious industry leaders for their time and guidance.
- Charles Chung, MEMS Business Development, Strategy, & Integration, AM Fitzgerald
- Tony Zarola, General Manager, Analog Devices (ADI)
- Andre Rouzaud, PhD, Microsystem, Deputy VP, CEA-Léti
- Nicole Kerness, VP of Sensor Design and Technology, Kionix
- Evgeni Gousev, PhD, Senior Director, Qualcomm Technologies
- Uma Krishnamoorthy, Director, Robert Bosch
- Thomas Kenny, Richard Weiland Professor and Senior Associate Dean of Engineering, Student Affairs, Stanford University
- Mahesh Chowdhary, Director & Fellow, Strategic Platforms and IoT Excellence Center, STMicroelectronics
- Tia Williams, Texas Instruments
Sr. Program & Event Manager, SEMI