STUDENT POSTER SESSION—INSTRUCTIONS
We greatly appreciate your participation. Please read through the information below to better prepare yourself for participation at FLEX/MSTC 2020.
For questions please contact
Elizabeth Marzili email@example.com.
The Poster Session is located in the Foyer of the Bayshore Ballroom.
At least one poster session author must register for the Conference.
Present your poster in person at the Conference
- Be available for questions on the scheduled days and times.
- Check-in begins 7am, Tuesday, February 25, 2020, at the conference registration desk. After you receive your badge someone will direct you to the ‘Poster Session’ area where you can set up your poster. Please be ready by 9:30 am.
POSTER SESSION SCHEDULE
See the FLEX/MSTC agenda online. (Times are subject to change.)
- Tuesday, February 25: Morning break, lunch, and the exhibitor reception.
- Wednesday, February 26: Morning break, lunch, afternoon break.
- Wednesday, February 26: Awards Ceremony and Reception.
POSTER SESSION REQUIREMENTS
- Maximum size 24” w x 36” h.
- Bulletin Boards with thumb tacks are provided to adhere your poster to the bulletin board.
- Posters will be removed after the awards reception on Wednesday, February 26th at 7:00pm.
If you'd like your poster to be released through the post-conference proceedings, email a single file (PDF of your poster or research notes/white paper you'd like to release) to Michelle Fabiano firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10th.
Be Prepared! Posters are judged on Tuesday and Wednesday by an anonymous panel of judges who will come by any time during the scheduled sessions — they will not identify themselves as Poster Judges.
Judging Criteria (not in order of importance):
- Clarity of the Message: Clearly understood and logically displayed.
- Data Collection: Data sources referenced in the poster.
- Analysis and Conclusion: Conclusions supported by the data.
- Graphs and Tables: Enough visuals. Properly titled and explained.
- Presentation: Readable and good balance between graphs and text.
- Creativity/Relativity: Eye-catching layout/design. Research question creative and original.
- First place: Award plaque, plus a $250 gift card
- Second place: Award plaque, plus a $150 gift card
- Third place: Award plaque, plus a $100 gift card
The award winners will be announced at a reception on Wednesday, February 26th, 6:00pm. Please provide Elizabeth Marzili, email@example.com with your cell phone so that you may be notified to attend this reception.
TRAVEL & HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS
There is a special FLEX/MSTC hotel rate for all conference attendees and students of $245 + tax and fees, at the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose. The hotel block fills up quickly, so please make your reservations as soon as possible.
FLEX/MSTC Hotel Reservations. The hotel block will close on February 1, 2020.
- Register online at FLEX/MSTC Registration
- Select Registration Category "College Student Combo Pass"
We offer several Tech Courses on Thursday, February 27th, along with a complimentary networking luncheon. These courses are not included in the registration fee but may be purchased separately.
- Lab to Fab: A Framework and Case Studies
- Deep Learning, ML and AI
- The Power of Deploying 1T Sensors on Flex
- The Rise of Smart Sensor: ML at the Edge
HIGHLIGHT YOUR PARTICIPATION—SOCIAL MEDIA
Onsite we post to both LinkedIn and Twitter. We welcome your posts, “re-Tweets” and comments on LinkedIn. We highly recommend using LinkedIn as a method to let your professional contacts know about your participation at FLEX/MSTC 2020.
- LinkedIn Group: FlexTech Alliance
- LinkedIn Group: MEMS & Sensors Industry Group
- Twitter: FlexConf
- Twitter Hashtags: #FLEX2020 and #MSTC2020