MEMS & SENSORS TECHNICAL CONGRESS — MSTC 2020
TECHNOLOGIES DRIVING THE NEXT WAVE OF SMART MEMS & SENSING SOLUTIONS
Tuesday, February 25 8:00am–6:00pm
Wednesday, February 26 8:00am–5:45pm
SEMI, the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG), and the MEMS & Sensors Technical Congress (MSTC) Speaker Selection Committee invite you to submit an abstract for one or more of the following areas:
TechTALKS Demonstration and Presentation
- Student Poster Display and Competition
MSTC 2020 hosted at the DoubleTree by Hilton in San Jose, California. The venue is conveniently located less than one mile from the San Jose International Airport! Registration and the MSTC highlights will be available in October 2019.
The MEMS & Sensors Technical Congress — MSTC 2020 is designed for technical executives, engineering, design and product engineers across the MEMS and sensors supply chain and adjacent industries. This year will see a different format to truly focus on the needs of the key innovators in our industry. MEMS and sensors technology challenges from silicon fabrication, packaging, test, hardware, and software design will be addressed together with the impact of adjacent technologies of the ecosystem. The opportunities and challenges brought about by key growth areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, 5G, and Blockchain will be front and center. The existing and emerging MEMS and sensors markets together with the resulting new component, software, and systems needs will be highlighted. MSTC features key networking and problem-solving discussions and opportunities for all attendees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Senior Technical Executives
- Executive Vice Presidents of Technologies
- Engineering Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, and Designers
- System Engineers and Integrators
- Software Solutions Engineers and Developers
- Startup Founders
- Research and Development Engineers
- Market Analysts
- Market Researchers
- Consulting Firms
MSTC 2020 SPEAKER SELECTION COMMITTEE
Thank you to these prestigious industry leaders for their time and guidance.
- Michael A. Helmbrecht, PhD, Product Development & Manufacturing, AM Fitzgerald
- Tony Zarola, General Manager, Analog Devices (ADI)
- Andre Rouzaud, PhD, Microsystem, Deputy VP, CEA-Léti
- Nicole Kerness, VP of Sensor Design and Technology, Kionix
- Evgeni Gousev, PhD, Senior Director, Qualcomm Technologies
- Uma Krishnamoorthy, Director, Robert Bosch
- Thomas Kenny, PhD, Richard Weiland Professor and Senior Associate Dean of Engineering, Student Affairs, Stanford University
- Mahesh Chowdhary, PhD, Director & Fellow, Strategic Platforms and IoT Excellence Center, STMicroelectronics
- Tia Williams, Texas Instruments
Sr. Program & Event Manager, SEMI
Back by popular demand, the Women-in Tech returns to FLEX 2020! All conference attendees are welcome.
Join us for a continued discussion around diversity and workforce development in the electronics manufacturing industry. Implicit, and sometimes, explicit bias over generations in our personal and professional lives have driven many promising minds from pursuing careers in STEM. At the same time, diversity in the general workforce and leadership positions has been proven to make companies more successful. It’s possible to revise this contradictory juxtaposition through policies and programs which counter the bias and show the possibilities to a diverse and upcoming class of engineers and scientists who can drive change.
A one-hour meeting agenda and discussion expands upon these concepts, followed by a half-hour mixer, where we can support our colleagues and explore the paths to a bias-free working environment and better overall results. A diverse team leads to varied and more effective problem-solving.
Since 2015, the FLEX conference has been the platform for enlightening and useful discussion, raising several issues incorporated into the current SEMI Workforce Development activities. If you haven’t already done so, get involved to continue the dialog and share your experience with programs, policies, and cultures that change the industry norms.
SESSION 2: Industry Trends and Applications of MEMS & Sensors
SESSION 12: FHE Medical/Wearable Applications
SESSION 15: Heterogeneous Integration of Flexible Electronics
SESSION 16: 3D Printed Electronics: From Devices to Systems
2020 FLEXI AWARDS CEREMONY & RECEPTION
Wednesday, February 26
The FLEXI Awards recognizes the achievements of organizations and individuals in the flexible electronics sector in the categories of:
Innovation & Commercialization
- Education Leadership
- Industry Leadership
The 2020 FLEXIs is open to any organization involved with the flexible and printed electronics sector.
AWARDS & CRITERIA
- PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD CRITERIA: Entries for this award should be on a flexible electronics product announced in the last twelve months and are awarded to the organization responsible for its creation. Nominations will be judged based on the product design & ingenuity, potential (or proven) market adoption, and revenue generation. Products must be available to customers at the time of nomination.
- R&D ACHIEVEMENTS AWARD CRITERIA: Entries for this award are evaluated for their world-class research approach, originality and commercial potential for expanding the scope for flexible or printed electronics or their manufacturing processes. Consideration is given to the ability of entrants to identify and solve a real problem.
- TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP IN EDUCATION AWARD CRITERIA: This award recognizes and honors outstanding contributions to the flexible electronics industry through education, both via a certified education institution or internal corporate workforce development activity. Judging is based on the quality of education, practical applicability, number of students completing the course, and degree of focus on flexible, printed electronics.
- INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP AWARD CRITERIA: This award will recognize and honor an individual who has shown particular dedication to building awareness of the capabilities and possibilities that flexible and hybrid electronics bring to the broader field of electronics. The individual honored will have demonstrated outstanding leadership for the industry in public forums, association activity, and within their own organization.
- TECHNOLOGY CHAMPION AWARD CRITERIA: This award will recognize and honor an individual for their volunteering efforts and contributed achievements in the flexible and hybrid electronics industry.
The FLEXI Awards are awarded annually by FlexTech based on the stated criteria. A panel of industry experts come together once a year to evaluate the submissions and determine the award. The FLEXI Award does not constitute an implicit endorsement of the recipient or its products.